Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Labor Day 2004


Floating down the Sacrament river.
(from the left) Chris, Me, Dave and Al (front). Posted by Hello


Labor day float. (left) Me, Amber, Kati, & Lisa. Posted by Hello

I love summer, almost as much as I love winter. In the winter I love play in the snow and I love to snowboard!!! But I love the summer weather! This picture makes me want to go swimming and tan in the sun. I can almost feel the warmth! Maybe play some beach volleyball or go wakeboarding!

The 1st pictre is a picture of us floating down the Sacramento river. On Laboy Day, in Chico, many of the students pick up a tube at any local liquor store and head tword the river. Every year in Chico more and more students join the Labor day float. It's a ton of fun but it's also a big hastle. Because of the large amounts of people, there is usually a lot of traffic. Also, because of injuries in the past years, the police have become very involved in patrolling the float. This is a good thing, but it is also makes things complicated. They have many DUI checkpoints and they close off several roads leading to the river. But of course it's good that they are there because everyone is safer and if there is an injury or safety issue, they are available with medical care. I have gone floating two Labor Day's but I don't think I will be back for the next float. I will just enjoy the town with 15,000 less students in it.

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Can I come this year?

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Leah Bia said...

Aaah...Labor Day...What a wonderful time of year...

I miss Chico!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home